The Sametop Chesty chest strap for GoPro cameras is the latest in a line of their outstanding third-party accessories for action cameras.
We have used Sametop products for some time now. And they keep coming up with great new ones for us to review. The Chesty is the latest product. We put it to the test recently when hiking Angels Landing at Zion National Park.
The Chesty GoPro chest strap offers the following features:
- Padded construction design that is more stable and comfortable on your chest, espeically when compared with the original GoPro version
- Made with breathable lightweight materials
- Fully adjustable to comfortably fit a wide range of body types. Also works well over layers of clothing if need be
- Quick-release buckle that allows you to get in and out easily
- A stable platform for capturing incredibly immersive hands-free POV footage with a GoPro from your chest
We found the Chesty GoPro chest strap to be just as comfortable and stable as Sametop promotes it to be. I wore it all day while we made the final ascent to Angels Landing. I started the day using the Sametop clip that I use on my hiking pole. But I needed a hands-free option for the final climb and the Chesty did great. It was so comfortable and gave me the perspectives I was looking for on the trail. So, I left it on for the hike back to the trailhead.
If you’re looking for a way to shoot hands-free video with your GoPro but don’t want the discomfort and clumsiness of a head-mount strap, consider the Sametop Chesty. We think you’ll be as impressed as we are.