In today’s world, it is more important than ever to protect your privacy and security online. A VPN, or virtual private network, can help you do just that. A VPN creates a secure connection between your device and the internet, encrypting your traffic and hiding your IP address. This makes it more difficult for hackers to track your online activity or steal your personal information.
We have used Surfshark VPN for years and appreciate the security it provides. But we also like how the company has improved the quantity and quality of services they offer. They now even have a pause feature to temporarily suspend the VPN on a device.
Here are a few key reasons to use a VPN:
- To protect your privacy: A VPN encrypts your online traffic and hides your IP address. This makes it more difficult for websites, advertisers, and other third parties to track your online activity.
- To secure your connection: A VPN can also help to secure your connection to the internet. This is especially important when using public Wi-Fi networks, because hackers easily intercept these.
- To access geo-restricted content: For example, if you are in the United States and you want to watch a British TV show, you can use a VPN to connect to a server in the UK. This will allow you to watch the show as if you were located in the UK.
But besides these great reasons, here are some you may not have heard of but should use to your advantage:
- Book flights, hotels and more at cheaper rates: Test different server locations with your VPN on and see how prices differ.
- Get lower prices while shopping online: It’s not just airline tickets. Check different VPN servers at locations around the world to see which price is the lowest.
- Protect your mobile devices: We aren’t all on laptops anymore. Many of us are using phones as our mobile computers. Some VPN services, including Surfshark, offer protection for you cellular devices as part of their service packages.
- Keep your searches private: Webmasters all know who is visiting websites, what they’re searching for, and more. They can use that information to their advantage. If you connect to a server like the ones offered by Surfshark, you can stay private while doing any internet research.
- Work from wherever: Allowed to work remotely, but you’re supposed to be within a certain geographic area and you really need to get away for a few days? With a VPN service, you can connect to your workspaces as if you were still back home. Anyone who wants to track your location by IP will only see the server’s location, not the location of your getaway spot.
- Access websites you usually use even when traveling abroad: Connect to a VPN server in your home country. You’ll be able to access websites from your homeland without any issues.
- Use your social media accounts globally: Connecting to a server in a neighboring country means using social media as you usually would. It works even when visiting a place where the government blocks social media.
- Watch your shows no matter where you travel: Geoblocking can ruin your day if you were planning on catching the latest episode of your favorite show or YouTube creator (like Trekers!) If you use a VPN such as Surfshark, you’ll be logging into their server and Surfshark will be logging into YouTube. No more blockage!
This is really just a partial list. As you can see, there are a loft of good reasons to use a VPN. But are there any downsides? Maybe.
- A paid VPN is an investment, but with the current deals at Surfshark, you’ll be saving a bundle. Plus, a free VPN won’t perform as well and, in some cases, can actually be a security risk.
- You may lose some speed. The VPN will use a small amount of your bandwith but a good one will not noticeably affect your speed. We see no difference in speed on our laptops or our phones when using Surfshark.